Good news from Saudi Arabia and the announcement of granting citizenship to all residents who meet this condition only!!
Through Al-Nasr newspaper, we will talk about naturalization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia today: conditions and procedures for naturalization.
The issue of naturalization is an important issue in many countries, as it provides individuals with the opportunity to obtain citizenship and full affiliation with the country in which they live. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is one of the countries that grants the opportunity for naturalization to individuals who meet certain conditions and requirements.
In this article, we will discuss in detail the conditions and procedures for naturalization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We will discuss the categories of potential applicants for naturalization and the requirements that must be met, in addition to the necessary procedures for obtaining Saudi nationality.
Categories of applicants for naturalization
There are several categories of potential persons to obtain Saudi nationality according to Saudi law. Here are those categories:
1. Belonging to the Ottoman Empire and born in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
In the year 1332 AH corresponding to 1914 AD, those belonging to the Ottoman Empire were among the original inhabitants of the territory of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This classification includes individuals who were born in the lands of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and continued to reside there until 3/22/1345 AH, and did not obtain a foreign nationality before this date.
2. Ottoman subjects residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
This category includes individuals who were born in the territory of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and continued to reside in it from 1332 AH until 1914 AD, and did not obtain a foreign nationality before the date of 3/22/1345 AH. They must be residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and have not left it.
3. Non-Ottoman subjects residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
This category includes people who were not Ottoman subjects residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the year 1332 AH 1914 AD, and remained residing there until 3/22/1345 AH, and did not obtain a foreign nationality before this date.
Conditions for naturalization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia sets specific conditions for individuals wishing to obtain Saudi nationality. The following are the most important conditions that must be met:
1. Reaching the age of majority
The applicant must have reached the age of majority at the time he submits the application for naturalization.
2. Continuous residence
The applicant must have obtained continuous residency in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for at least ten years.
3. Mental and physical health
The applicant must be in good health and not suffer from mental or physical diseases that prevent him from obtaining citizenship.
4. Good behavior and good conduct
The applicant must be of good conduct and good conduct, and not have been sentenced to imprisonment for more than six months for a moral offence.
5. Professional needs and necessary skills
The applicant must be working in a profession that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia needs, and he must have the skills and experience required in this profession.
In addition to the previous conditions, there are exceptions to some cases, as follows:
- If a person was born in Saudi Arabia to a foreign mother and an unknown father, he can obtain the Saudi nationality.
- If a person can prove that he earns money in legal ways and that he is fluent in Arabic in speaking, reading and writing, then he can obtain Saudi nationality.
Naturalization procedures in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
To obtain Saudi citizenship, the applicant must follow some specific procedures. These include:
- Fill out the naturalization application form in full and sign it by the applicant at the time of submission, and a personal photo documented with the seal of the competent department must be attached.
- Presenting the applicant’s passport or any other document considered a substitute for the passport.
- Submission of all documents related to the nationality withdrawn from the applicant, in addition to any other documents supporting his claim for naturalization.
- All documents proving that the applicant meets the required conditions must be provided in accordance with the provisions of the nationality system in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
After submitting the application and the required documents, the case is studied and a decision is made regarding granting Saudi nationality to the applicant. This is done in accordance with the procedures and laws in force in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Naturalization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a process that requires the fulfillment of specific conditions and following the necessary procedures. It is important for the applicant to be aware of the requirements and required documents and to submit them correctly in accordance with the legal requirements. It is advised to contact the competent authorities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to obtain more information and instructions on the conditions and procedures for naturalization.