The Saudi Ministry of Interior launches a new decision regarding the granting of Saudi nationality
The Saudi Ministry of Interior announced a new report regarding the granting of Saudi nationality, as the granted nationality will be based on a proposal from the Minister of Interior and pursuant to a decision from the Prime Minister.
Article 28 has been deleted from the executive regulations of the Saudi nationality system, which provided for the issuance of the necessary decisions to grant nationality under Article (8) of the system.
It will start implementing this decision as of the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
The Saudi Ministry of Interior publishes the text of the decision to grant Saudi nationality
In a related context, the text of the decision, published in the official newspaper, Umm Al-Qura, on Friday evening, is as follows:
- After reviewing Royal Decree No. (M / 88) dated 6/11/1444 AH, amending Article Eight of the Saudi Nationality Law, which states: “Saudi nationality may be granted by order of the Prime Minister based on a proposal from the Minister of Interior.”
- Article 27 of the Saudi Nationality Law states the following: “The Minister of Interior issues the executive regulations for this law.”
decides the following:-
- First, the deletion of Article 28 of the executive regulations of the Saudi nationality system, which states: “The Minister of Interior issues the decisions necessary to grant citizenship according to Article (8) of the system.”
- Second: This decision shall be enforced from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
- Third: This decision shall be communicated to whoever is required to adopt it and act accordingly.
How to obtain Saudi nationality for expatriates
Expatriates can obtain Saudi nationality by adhering to some conditions and requirements that have been set by the Saudi authorities, including:
The applicant must have resided in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for a period of not less than five years.
The applicant must have a valid residency and free of any violations.
The applicant must be in good health and not suffer from any infectious diseases.
The applicant should submit an official application to obtain Saudi nationality.
The applicant should be fluent in the Arabic language and cultural knowledge.
The applicant should possess multiple skills and talents and contribute to the social and economic development of the Kingdom.
That the applicant has not been convicted by any judicial ruling in the Kingdom.
Applicants wishing to obtain Saudi nationality must contact the competent authorities in the country, submit the required applications and the necessary documents, and the applications will be studied in accordance with the conditions and controls specified for that.
< class="twitter-tweet" data-width="500" data-dnt="true">
– Emirate of Makkah Al-Mukarramah Region (@ makkahregion) March 17, 2023