A pleasant surprise announced by Saudi Arabia.. announcing the cancellation of the return of these lucrative professions and allowing expatriates to work in them!!
The Saudi government is constantly striving to improve the quality of life and provide job opportunities for Saudi citizens.
It is working on the Saudization of many jobs to enhance local employment opportunities and reduce immigration. In this context, many residents raise questions about the professions that foreigners are allowed to work in in Saudi Arabia in 2023.
This article aims to clarify the permitted occupations for foreigners and their role in achieving the Kingdom’s Vision 2030.
The professions allowed for foreigners to work in Saudi Arabia in 2023 have been clarified after the Saudization of many jobs. The Kingdom aims continuously to develop the lifestyle and provide job opportunities for all Saudi citizens, as the employment of Saudis in their country leads to avoiding immigration and settling in other countries. This contributes to the development of the country and its people, as part of the government’s pursuit of Vision 2030. This opportunity should be taken advantage of by residents and foreigners.
The professions that foreigners are allowed to work are not specified, but the Saudi government offers programs and initiatives to train and employ Saudis in various economic sectors. These sectors include industry, construction, tourism, commerce, health, education, communications, information technology, financial services, and more. Job opportunities are provided to Saudi nationals in these sectors in line with their qualifications and skills.
The Saudi government keeps the door open for foreigners to work in areas where qualified Saudi cadres are not available. The process of hiring foreigners is regulated by issuing work visas and defining certain conditions and requirements for obtaining such visas.
It is important for residents and foreigners in Saudi Arabia to cooperate with Saudis and help them enhance their abilities and develop their skills, through the exchange of knowledge and experience in the work environment. This aims to build Saudi capabilities capable of assuming responsibility in various fields and to promote local employment.
It is necessary to follow government directives and policies related to work and employment in Saudi Arabia, as more specific information can be obtained from the competent authorities such as the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development and the General Authority for Migration.
Recently, the list of occupations permitted to foreigners in Saudi Arabia has been expanded. The following are some of the important and permitted jobs for foreigners in Saudi Arabia for the year 2023:
- Sales manager job: The sales manager job is one of the main non-Saudi jobs allowed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Secretarial profession: The secretarial profession is one of the non-Saudi professions permitted to foreigners in the Kingdom, and it is included in the list of jobs allowed for foreigners in 2023.
- Warehouse keeper: The profession of warehouse keeper or storekeeper is one of the important professions that have been settled in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Pharmacy profession: The pharmacy profession has recently been added to the list of non-Saudi jobs allowed for foreigners in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Nursing: The nursing profession is one of the most important non-Saudi professions allowed for foreigners in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Nursing is in great demand and occupies a high percentage of the employment rate for non-Saudi foreigners in the Kingdom.
Please note that this information may change over time, and it is best to check the current laws and regulations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to find out what occupations are allowed for foreigners.