An important Saudi warning to impose a fine of 6,000 riyals on every resident and citizen who carries this thing with him, starting today
A new warning from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is important, imposing a fine of 6000 riyals on every resident and citizen who carries this thing with him, as of today, as the issue of possession of firearms without a license is one of the important issues that concern everyone. Recently, the General Security of Saudi Arabia announced an important clarification regarding possession of an individual firearm or ammunition without a license and the penalties for violators. This announcement comes within Saudi Arabia’s efforts to regulate weapons laws and maintain public peace and security in the Kingdom.
Possession of a firearm or individual ammunition without a license
According to what the General Security published on its official website on Twitter, the possession of an individual firearm or ammunition without a license is a violation of the Weapons and Ammunition Law and its implementing regulations. The Saudi authorities stress the importance of using the deadline granted to hand over or license unlicensed weapons and ammunition.
Possession of a weapon without a license
According to the General Security, the penalty for possession of an individual firearm or ammunition without a license is imprisonment for a period not exceeding 18 months, and a fine not exceeding 6,000 riyals, based on the law and regulations in force in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Registration requests for licensing weapons and ammunition
In a related context, the General Security announced the Regions Police, which receives registration requests for licensing weapons and ammunition. If you want to obtain a license to carry weapons and ammunition, you must take the following steps:
- Book an appointment through the Absher platform for the nearest department or department of weapons and explosives available in your area.
- Fulfilling all the requirements described in the Absher platform to carry or acquire firearms or individual weapons.
- Bring the weapons you wish to license without ammunition.
Weapon licensing method
The Saudi authorities explain the steps for submitting a registration application to obtain a weapons license as follows:
- Book an appointment through the Absher platform to contact the nearest department or department for weapons and explosives in your area.
- Fulfill all the requirements mentioned in the Absher platform to carry or acquire firearms or individual weapons.
- Bring the weapons you wish to license without ammo.
Avoid punishment and obey the laws
These measures aim to regulate the possession of weapons and ammunition in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and to ensure the safety of society and the protection of individuals. Thus, all citizens and residents are encouraged to comply with the laws and regulations and avoid possession of weapons and ammunition without a license.
Clarifying public security regarding possession of firearms and ammunition without a license is an important step for regulating gun laws in Saudi Arabia and maintaining public security. Everyone must comply with these laws and regulations and cooperate with authorities in handing over or licensing unlicensed weapons. By complying with the laws, we can maintain a safe and stable environment for everyone.
1. What is the penalty for possession of a firearm without a license in Saudi Arabia? The penalty for possession of a firearm without a license is imprisonment for a period not exceeding 18 months and a fine of up to 6,000 riyals, or one of these two penalties.
2. What are the steps required to license weapons and ammunition in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia? An appointment must be booked through the Absher platform, all the requirements mentioned on the platform must be met, and the weapons to be licensed must be brought without ammunition.
3. Can weapons and ammunition be transported without a license between governorates? Yes, weapons and ammunition can be transferred without accountability between governorates, but a copy of the license date must be brought to Absher and submitted to the weapons department in the region and the date of appointment.
4. What is the importance of licensing weapons and ammunition? Licensing weapons and ammunition contributes to ensuring public safety and security in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, limits the spread of unlicensed weapons and protects society.
5. Is it possible to obtain a license to carry weapons for personal protection? Carrying weapons for personal protection is a private matter, and may require additional procedures and stringent standards. Interested individuals should contact the relevant authorities for further information and guidance.